I offer a design service that can be tailored to your needs. Whether you are looking for inspiration and advice, a re-design of a few borders, or a complete transformation of your garden… I can help.
A day of ideas and advice….
I will visit your garden, listen carefully to your thoughts, and look at all the possible options open to you.
I will give advice on any problem areas you may have, and we will look together at design options that best suit you and your garden. (With the aid of garden books and iPad photos if desired)
I will use my architectural and horticultural skills to best advise you on a design style that will enhance and potentially increase in value your existing house.
This is a one off fee of £275
The drawings to inspire you…
The drawings to inspire you….
This is an option most people choose following my initial visit and forms the bones of the project.
It will include some or all of the following;
- Taking a full brief, and discussing a budget you may have in mind.
- Agreeing a fee appropriate to the scale of work. This may be a fixed fee or on a time basis.
- Surveying the garden noting significant features such as view/overlooking neighbours/sun/soil type / house style and it’s relation to surroundings /existing planting ….and producing a scaled drawing from which to work.
- Proposed scaled plans and hand drawn sketches.
- Initial planting plan and photos of proposed plants.
- A masterplan, allowing you to complete the work in stages as time/budget permits.
The above should be sufficient for someone with a little garden and construction knowledge to implement the work themselves.
Making it happen
Holding your hand through the construction process….
Taking the sketch design into a more detailed stage, I will carry out/organise as many of the following activities as required;
- Prepare construction/ builders drawings.
- Prepare detailed planting plans and specifications.
- Prepare lighting design
- Obtain planning permission
- Recommend good quality building/landscape contractors and obtain tender or negotiated price.
- Obtain prices, quantify and order plants from wholesale nurseries on your behalf.
- Carry out site supervision / inspection.
- Arrange for plant deliveries to site and coordinate their installation (with contractors)
- Prepare a maintenance plan either month by month calendar or plan. Or simply walk the garden with you and discuss its future needs.